Thursday 27 February 2014

STYLED TO ROCK X THE ICONIC COLLABORATION

So it's only fair that I share with you lovers what I've been jumping up and down in excitement over for the past few weeks. Recently I've been working very closely in conjunction with the online store  'The Iconic'. If you aren't familiar with them, hurry up and get on this shiz' - it's Australia's biggest and best online retail store catering for each and every customer no matter what kind of budget you find yourself on. I'm forever finding new and upcoming brands that are being stocked online whilst at the same time, re-discovering designers I had totally forgotten about. And let me tell you this, no matter what kind of style your diggin' you will always find that perfect piece just for you - shoes will be the death of me (actually but) ...you know what they say about those killer six inch heels and at the rate I'm going, there ain't nothin' getting in between my love triangle of bank funds > addiction to amazing shoes > toleration of pain brought on by extreme shoes. None the less, #Iloveshoes

Anywho, enough pondering over what I've actually been doing - more filling ya'll in! As most of you are probably aware, The Iconic have joined in collaboration with a tv show called 'Styled to Rock'. Hosted by the amazing Rihanna, the show seeks to discover upcoming, fresh designers that are each week put to the test of what they're capable of in the fields of style, design, professionalism and of course, creativity. With the launch of the show being released last week The Iconic have teamed up with both myself and the official Iconic insider blogger Doone Roisin to become in some regards an online contestant! WOOHOO! Let the styling fun begin ...can I get a hell yeah? Hell yeah. Each week Doone and myself will be competing (in our own right - not actually - but kind of...) with the other contestants as we stay tuned as to what challenge the judges (did I mention PHARELL is one?!?) decide to create. From then, we let our imaginations go wild as we jump online to theiconic.com.au and create a personal look that incorporates all components that the judges were after. Get it? yes... no.... I think yes - Good.

This week it was all about KYLIE MINOGUE > personally, I think you only need one word to describe her... SHOWGIRL. Kylie was born to be in the limelight. Her style is effortless yet speaks for itself - oozin' with personality and forever bringing to life the journey and life that is, Kylie Minogue. This week on Styled to Rock the designers were challenged to create a futuristic look (the year 3000 - crazy days!) for Kylies' up and coming book release.With this in mind, I endeavored to style a look based on just that.

Enjoy this weeks edit and be sure to stay tuned for my take on next week's challenge. If you aren't already tunin' into this show - please do - it's on every thursday night 9.30pm on channel style. It's sure to inspire you for months to come.

Have one of the best weekends ever - love on others and they'll love on you.

B xx

Wearing Cameo the Label dress, Tony Bianco shoes, Atmos and Here jewelery and clutch. > buy it all here on www.theiconic.com.au/styledtorock


 





No comments:

Post a Comment