Tuesday 24 September 2013

It's nice to be alive

Lately I’ve come to realize how much emphasis is put on Fashion. (omg, no way?!)


Working regularly in the field, I’m continually bombarded with the terms fashion, trend, style, fashion (again) and well, more (again) fashion. Sometimes, it can seem far too blasé for my likings. I don’t work in fashion for the title – I work in fashion because I love it – I couldn’t see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life.


I believe there is so much more to the eye than people see style as. Style has great depth and the more I study the concept of style, the more I begin to understand the people I’m surrounded by. They all have a story, and believe it or not, what you’re wearing right now likely has something to do with your thoughts and feelings, as you continually try to render yourself into becoming “that” person, whomever that may be.

Realistically, you don’t need to be that person to be fashionable. Be yourself, honestly, the amount of times I’ve tried to become that person is countless. Trust me, if there’s anything I’ve learnt from my [wise] teachers, it’d have to be “be yourself at all costs” because in reality, take a glance around you and you’ll soon see that there’s already thousands of people just like you, trying to be that girl. Stand out – clothe yourselves in beautiful gear that screams you and not that girl next to you. Of course, go crazy with the trends, but make the trends compliment you and not the other way around. 


Today I chose to live in happiness and boy, did I make my mood clear. But hey, nothing wrong with a bit self-expression, right?





Hope you all enjoyed the sunshine as much as I did. 

Wearing: Vintage denim skirt, Windsor Smith sandals, Topshop stripey socks, Wildfox tee, Mimco watch and Sportsgirl white clutch. 








1 comment:

  1. I agree so much with this! Style is not some superficial term flung across magazine pages - its an intricate aspect of our personalities and how we express not only who we are but who we want to be. Nonetheless, your style is amazing and I will definitley be keeping your blog open whenever I need some inspiration when getting dressed!

    ReplyDelete